1. Create your Botl account using the Sign Up with Facebook feature on botl.com or our mobile apps, which will initiate the process of connecting the two accounts. By using this feature, Facebook will autopopulated your profile picture into Botl.
2. Create your Botl account using the Sign Up with Email feature. At any point after your account has been activated, go into profile settings by clicking the white arrow in the top right corner of your screen. Select the “settings” tab in the window that appears. Click on the white field beside Facebook ID, which will initiate the process of connecting the two accounts. While you’re there, check the box for autoposting. That way, whenever you create or rebottle a botl, it will automatically post on your Facebook timeline.
How to Add the Facebook Bottlecap to your Botl Profile Description:
Our bottlecap links make it easy for other members of the Botl community to connect with you on your other social media sites! To add the Facebook bottlecap, go into profile settings by clicking on the white arrow in the top right corner of your screen. Select the “links” tab in the window that appears. Enter your Facebook ID in the field provided. If you are uncertain of your Facebook ID, you can find it on Facebook in your settings. It will appear as your Facebook username. Also, if you have connected Botl with your Facebook profile, your Facebook ID can be found by clicking Botl’s “settings” tab.
How to Post a Botl to your Facebook Timeline:
1. Click on the Facebook icon in an open botl, which will open a Facebook share window containing the botl link. Enter whatever personal message you would like to add for your Facebook post, make any desired change to the post’s privacy setting, and click Share.
2. Select autopost to Facebook in your Botl profile settings. (See #2 above.)
How to Bottle Images from your Facebook Page:
1. Use the URL uploader in the Botlr. Click “botlr” in the top right portion of your screen, which will open the Botlr. Click on the Image URL, and paste in the URL of the desired Facebook image. Botl will retain the image’s hyperlink back to your source.
TIP – Open the image in Facebook to its largest display size. The URL at the top should look like this:
2. Use the Botl It widget. To upload the Botl It widget, click the white arrow in the top corner of your screen and then select the Botl It tab, which will open a page with instructions. Drag the Botl It widget to your browser’s toolbar.
Always use the largest version of the image available on Facebook. If you are viewing a a timeline or page on Facebook, click on the desired image to view its largest display. While in that display, refresh your browser and then click Botl It in your toolbar, which should open the Botlr with your image loaded in the preview space.